BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday 20 August 2009

Thursday Thirteen


I'm feeling a wee bit out of sorts today. The reason? I couldn't sleep last night. And here are the thirteen reasons why.....

1.My recent submission got rejected. I was wondering where I'd gone wrong.

2.I'm worried about my eldest son at his gifted and talented maths school.Another boy was picking on him yesterday.

3. I had been gardening all day and felt so tired, that I was just restless.

4. I had eaten too much. We had takeaway last night and I was so full.

5. I was thinking about my vampires game.

6. I was wondering if I should repaint the bathroom.

7. I was thinking about the plants I want to buy today and where I should put them.

8. I was thinking that perhaps I haven't done much with the boys this summer.

9. I was wondering what the noises were in the garden.

10. I was wondering what the noises were tapping at the window.

11. I wondered if we had mice.

12. I wondered where the cat was when I needed him.

13. I was wondering if I would ever fall asleep.

12 comments:

Stephanie Adkins said...

I'm sorry you couldn't sleep. *HUGS* My son is in the gifted class at his school too, so I know how you feel about people picking on your son. Kids can be so cruel sometimes. :( I hope you sleep better tonight. Happy Thursday.

Ella Drake said...

Oh, I hate when that happens. When you can't sleep and everything just goes round and round in there.
*hugs*

Jennifer McKenzie said...

Ugh. Sounds like you had a lot on your mind.
The thing that helps me sleep is reading. I usually read before bed and it helps get my mind in another world that doesn't have overdue bills, bullies that pick on my kid and things like that.

Cambria Dillon said...

I'm sorry you have so many things on your mind. I can never fall asleep when my mind's racing either. Chamomile tea always works wonders for me...

Paige Tyler said...

Doesn't it drive you crazy how your mind wanders when you can't sleep and then you wonder if you can't sleep because your mind is wandering! LOL!

*hugs*
Paige

My TT is at http://paigetylertheauthor.blogspot.com/

Mary Quast said...

That happens to me too... many of the same thoughts as well. Perhaps we should have a late night hotline set up to keep each other company.

However, I found when I count backwards from 100, it helps my mind relax.

Unknown said...

Awww, poor you. Maybe if you put a relaxing CD on, it would help. My Best Friend has these CDs of nature sounds, and one with sounds of waterfalls, etc.
Hope you find a solution and it was just, one of those nights.

Happy T13!

Alice Audrey said...

No wonder you can't sleep, you've got a lot to worry about.

Felicia Holt said...

Insomnia. I wish I had any tips for combating it, but I'm in the same boat. Isn't it strange how things that seem awful at 2 am are quite manageable at 8?

I hope you'll sleep better tonight!

Elise Logan said...

I would have had to figure out the noise in the garden and at the window. No way would I have slept without knowing that.

Sorry you're sleep was nonexistent.

Heather said...

I had trouble sleeping last night as well. I was completely exhausted yet woke up about every hour. Here's to a better night for both of us!

http://wordtrix.blogspot.com/

David Bridger said...

My first ever Thursday Thirteen.

I hope you sleep better tonight.