BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday 5 August 2009

Thursday Thirteen


Today I'm going to share with you 13 series or mini series that I love watching. In fact, I have 4 of them on DVD and video. Can you guess which ones?




1. Scarlett, The Sequel to Gone with the Wind: starring Timothy Dalton as Rhett Butler and Joanne Whalley-Kilmer as Scarlett O'Hara, aired in 1994.




2. North and South: With Patrick Swayze. North and South is an American television miniseries set before, during, and immediately after the American Civil War. It was based on the 1980s trilogy of novels North and South by John Jakes and follows its general storyline, despite some deviations. The three series were produced in 1985, 1986, and 1994 and follow the novels quite closely, although there are considerable differences, especially in Book Two. All three series (called "books") aired on the ABC-TV network in the United States. The first two series, entitled Books I and II, were an enormous success with audiences and critics, and remain among the highest-rated television miniseries in history.




3. Larkrise to Candleford: Julia Sawalha, Olivia Hallinan, Dawn French, Brendan Coyle, Olivia Grant, Mark Heap, Ben Miles and Liz Smith star in a ten-part adaptation of Flora Thompson’s magical memoir of her Oxfordshire childhood for BBC One, Lark Rise To Candleford, a love letter to a vanished corner of rural England and a heart-warming drama series teeming with wit, wisdom and romance.




4. Sons of Anarchy: an FX television series starring Charlie Hunnam, Ron Perlman, and Katey Sagal about the lives of a close-knit motorcycle club operating in Charming, a fictional town somewhere in Northern California.




5. Sex and the City: an American cable television series. The original run of the show was broadcast on HBO from 1998 until 2004, for a total of six seasons.




6. Grey's Anatomy : an American medical drama television series. It follows the lives of five surgical interns, later residents and their mentors in the fictional Seattle Grace Hospital. Besides their careers the series also follows their personal lives. The pilot episode, "A Hard Day's Night" premiered on March 27, 2005 on ABC. Since then, five seasons have aired, with a sixth announced.




7. Ghost Whisperer : an American television series created by John Gray. It first premiered on CBS on September 23, 2005.
The series follows the life of Melinda Gordon (Jennifer Love Hewitt), a young woman from Grandview, New York, who has the ability to see and communicate with the dead. While trying to live as normal a life as possible, Melinda helps them pass over to the other side by working as a paranormal investigator.




8. Friends: premiered on NBC (National Broadcasting Company) on September 22, 1994. The series revolved around a group of friends in the area of Manhattan, New York City, who occasionally live together and share living expenses.




9. Map and Lucia: based on the books by E.F Benson. The TV series based on the three 1930s' books, produced by London Weekend Television, was filmed in Rye and neighbouring Winchelsea in the 1980s, and starred Prunella Scales as Mapp, Geraldine McEwan as Lucia, Denis Lill as Major Benji Flint, and Nigel Hawthorne as Georgie. There were ten episodes, (two series of 5 episodes) broadcast on Channel 4 in 1985 and 1986.




10. Cutting It was a popular BBC television programme set in Manchester, England, which ran for four series between 2002 and 2005.




11. The Apprentice (UK TV series), the UK edition starring Sir Alan Sugar.




12. CSI: an American crime drama television series. CSI premiered on CBS on October 6, 2000. The show was created by Anthony E. Zuiker and produced by Jerry Bruckheimer. It is filmed primarily at Universal Studios in Universal City, California.




13. The Bold and the Beautiful: an American television soap opera. Set in Los Angeles, California, the show centers around the Forrester family and their fashion house business Forrester Creations.



16 comments:

Stephanie Adkins said...

Ohhhhh ... I LOVE NORTH AND SOUTH!! I could watch that mini-series over and over again. Great list!

Megan Rose said...

Thanks Stephanie. I DO watch it over and over LOL. I have parts 2 and 3 on DVD and saw book 3 a few months ago. IMO, it's not as good and let's face it, with Patrick only in the first few minutes, it can't be worth watching can it? :)

Unknown said...

Friends and The Bold and the Beautiful are two of my favs. Happy T13!

Ella Drake said...

I can't believe I hadn't heard of some of these. I don't watch that much TV, but I thought I'd kept up.

I loved North & South, too.

Great list

Cambria Dillon said...

OMG! I LOVE LOVE LOVE North and South. Even though it's a mini-series, it's actually one of my favorite movies of all time. I will always have a special place in my heart for Ory Main. ;) (And I own that series on DVD and I still have the original VHS tapes from the original air dates. My sister and I used to have a summer tradition where we would have a North & South watching marathon.)

Megan Rose said...

So glad to see that I'm not alone in my passion for Mr. Main. I think my next TT needs to be devoted to P.S :)

Megan Rose said...

Adelle, I think that the UK is WAY behind on the B and B, but I watch it every weekend on Diva TV. It makes getting up early on a Sunday worth while :)

Jennifer McKenzie said...

Oh great list. I love CSI (though I'm a little bit obsessed with NCIS).

Paige Tyler said...

Love Sex and the City!

*hugs*
Paige

My TT is at http://paigetylertheauthor.blogspot.com/

Alice Audrey said...

I have no idea which ones you have.

Janice Seagraves said...

I enjoyed "Friend" when it was still new. A friend of mines kids would call me into the living room (I was usually visiting at the dinning table with their mom), and they got a kick at of me singing along the theme song.

Happy TT.
Janice~

Lauren Murphy said...

I really got into Grey's Anatomy for a long time. I'm a big fan of House and Monk. I could watch those all day long.

Great list!

Heather said...

A big YES to North and South! I watched that with my host parents the summer I lived in Norway. It was a great bonding experience for all of us. I later read the trilogy and fell in love all over again. Even my dad liked them!

Elise Logan said...

ha! we have different taste, but I ADORE CSI, so i'm with you on that.

Tara S Nichols said...

I agree with you on almost every show. I've never watched the Apprentice, and one other show, but I think I have to call it quits on Grey's. Bones is a sweet show though.

Ember said...

I love Central Park! One of my favorite parts of NY.

Hope you have a fabulous vacation.