BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday 3 August 2009

Scrub a Dub Dub!!

Like most women, I'm more than happy to try the latest product that promises to make me look 21 again. However, I also have no patience. And I really do mean that. When a cream promises results in four weeks, I tend to double up on my application, just so that I can see my results in half the time. I think that we all make this mistake, especially when go on holiday. You can always spot as Brit abroad, as we tend to be the red people wandering about looking shell shocked. I remember one summer trying to tan my back. Sadly my bikini bottoms were a little skimpier than I realised. Needless to say, it was my backside, not my back, which felt the brunt of Mr. Sunshine that day. Dinner was a very uncomfortable occasion that night.

My weekend experience in the bathroom, has been another such occasion when my impatience has been my downfall. I love a good exfoliating session. It not only leaves the skin feeling refreshed, but it looks a lot shinier too. And we all love to have nice fresh looking faces don't we, ladies? But do we want to look like a chemical peel on a bad day??? Perhaps not. And maybe I exaggerate. My nose isn't quite so sore today and I have an excellent tinted moisturiser which is covering up those strange red patches on my nose.

The moral of my story? I must remember to be less heavy handed in my exfoliating. The youthful glow may be attractive, but the scrubbed red raw look is not. Well, I'm off to attack my oven now. You see, there are some things in my home which will appreciate my Brillo pad and a good old scrub. I just need to remember that those things do not include my face!!

0 comments: