BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday 12 August 2009

Food of Love



I was thinking this morning about how so much of our lives revolve around food. And I'm not talking about eating the stuff.My new hair colour is French Eclair (I'm trying the brunette thing), my conditioner is pink grapefruit and my favourite soap is honey scented.It's no wonder that I've started my diet again LOL. I'm probably putting weight on by just being in the bathroom.

So my thoughts were drawn to what other food scented products are available to a girl with a healthy appetite, such as my good self. Apparently one can purchase coffee and cream body scrub;well, I like my morning coffee, but I'm not sure I'd want to smell like coffee. There's lemon custard lip shine; I know I'd lick that off right away LOL. And sticky toffee pudding body spray; I like the idea of it, but it may be too sweet for me.

And here is a very interesting article that I found on my travels, revolving around all these thoughts on food smells. I hope you find it useful (grin).

"It appears food odors elicit the greatest sexual response," says Dr. Alan Hirsch, author of "What Flavor Is Your Personality?: Discover Who You Are by Looking at What You Eat" (Source books, Inc., $22.95). "Get rid of the cologne and get some Good & Plenty candy."

Preparing a juicy steak for your beloved might be nice, but serving it with some garlic bread, a cucumber salad and pumpkin pie might be even better, according to Hirsch's research.

"It gives new meaning to the phrase, 'a way to a man's heart is through his stomach,' or maybe more through his nose," said Hirsch, a board-certified neurologist and psychiatrist who specializes in the treatment of smell and taste loss.

His book examines how what people eat reflects their personality and features quizzes analyzing food likes and dislikes. One quiz even tells people whom they might be most compatible with based upon their favorite ice cream flavor or snack food.

In research at the Chicago-based Smell & Taste Treatment and Research Foundation, where Hirsch is neurological director, he discovered that certain food scents trigger sexual arousal in men and women.

In 1994, he studied odors and male arousal in 25 medical students using floral and perfume scents. The researchers also picked the scent of baked cinnamon buns as a control because they didn't expect cinnamon buns to elicit a sexual response.

"The cinnamon rolls turned out to be the sexiest odor," said Hirsch, who has appeared on CNN, "Good Morning America," "Dateline NBC," "20/20" and "The Oprah Winfrey Show."

In 1995, Hirsch conducted a study of 31 Chicago men ages 18 to 64 asking them to smell 46 odors and combination scents, including perfumes and foods.

The pumpkin pie-lavender mixture increased male arousal -- as measured by penile blood flow -- an average of 40 percent. The black licorice-doughnuts mixture increased male arousal an average of 32 percent. The pumpkin pie-doughnuts combination increased male arousal an average of 20 percent. The smell of buttered popcorn increased male arousal an average of 9 percent; cheese pizza, an average of 5 percent; baked cinnamon buns, an average of 4 percent; and women's perfume an average of 3 percent.

Hirsch also learned that:

The licorice-cola combination increased arousal more than either odor alone.

Older men responded more strongly to vanilla than did younger men.

Men who said they were satisfied with their sex lives showed a greater response to the strawberry scent.

Men who had the most active sex lives responded most strongly to the lavender scent as well as Oriental spice and cola.

No odor diminished male arousal.

By L.A. Johnson, Post-Gazette Staff Writer

Article taken from http://www.post-gazette.com/magazine/20010214scentoflove2.asp

And if that doesn't help you out when planning a romantic meal for two, you can always pop over to my website where I have a section all about recipes for love.

http//www.meganrose33.webs.com

0 comments: