BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday 5 October 2010

Talking On A Tuesday


Today I'm talking to author Nancy Lennea.

Can you tell us about your latest release?

My latest release is a romantic suspense…something new for me. DESTINY’S MOUNTAIN takes place in the picturesque mountains and river valleys of northern New Hampshire. I have entwined my romance between a poor working girl and a Boston-bred art history professor with intrigue, stalkers, severe weather, murder, ghostly voices, and a mountain rescue. I tie it all up at the end, but I left a small door open for my next book, LOVE TO THE RESCUE.

What was it that gave you the final push to submit your first story?

I was surrounded by wonderful men and women who assisted me when I decided to write. Before retiring three years ago, I was a 9-1-1 Emergency Medical Dispatcher for the state of New Hampshire. Down time between calls found me scribbling page after page. I’d go home after my ten-hour shift and type what I had written. Then I shared my work with some of my co-workers. Their suggestions, critiques, and encouragement are the reasons why I have dedicated DESTINY’S MOUNTAIN to the selfless professionals at NH 9-1-1.

What does your work space look like? Neat as a pin? Or areas of mass destruction?

Oh, my. This place is a ghastly mess. I have excuses! I just returned from an eight-day trip to New England. My husband and I moved to North Carolina to be near our youngest son and my sisters. My oldest just bought a house in Vermont. That is where we stopped before we all volunteered at the annual New Hampshire Highland Games. Been doing that for years. This book just came out last Friday so I have been busy setting up interviews, writing articles, ordering bookmarks and book trailers, updating websites and my own blogs, and selling books! I sold two manuscripts to two different publishers last week! That brings the count to five. Also, our cat, Blaze, has a habit of knocking piles of books and papers to the floor. And, any stray rubber bands or paperclips are fair game. I promise it will be clean by…Christmas.

Do you work on one project at a time? Or, do you multi-task?

I am fortunate that I am able to work full-time. In the beginning, four years ago this month, I started with an idea and put it on paper. When finished, I figured out how to send it to agents. When those queries went in the mail, I started the next book. At one time I had four books out at different places hoping for a nibble. I sold my first book SECRET LOVE MATCH, to Red Rose Publishing in August 2009. I sold my next, DRAGON’S CURSE, to Whispers Publishing, in February 2010. BOTH came out on the same day. Having to juggle promoting them was hard, yet rewarding. As I said earlier, I just sold two more manuscripts. One will come out around Christmas and other in the summer. I am currently working on a paranormal that is set at the art museum near my home. All my works are given a colored binder so I know at a glance what has sold and what is being worked on. I find I go faster when working one plot line at a time.

Where do you see yourself in three years time, as far as your writing is concerned?

I’d love to have a book in print. I have older family members who do not read e-books. I would love for them to share my thrill when I autograph their copies. Red Rose does offer their longer books in print once an e-book sales threshold is met. So, I do have a chance for both SECRET LOVE MATCH and DESTINY’S MOUNTAIN. I also have a large historical paranormal out to several agents. I had an idea for a trilogy. I’d love to see it come to fruition. One of my favorite quotes is “Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity,” so my plan of action is to KEEP WRITING. I also want to be a mentor for new writers and the newly published. I learned a lot by the seat of my pants. They shouldn’t have to go it alone.

Can you let the readers know where to find you on the web?

DESTINY’S MOUNTAIN is available for download from Red Rose Publishing.
The buy link is: http://bit.ly/a4NOHE
Visit my website at: http://www.nancylennea.com/
Visit my blog at: http://www.nancylennea-inlove.blogspot.com/

If you are interested in the paranormal or something with a bit of Scottish flair, visit my website at http://www.nancyleebadger.com and blog at http://www.rescuingromance.nancyleebadger.com/

6 comments:

Nancy Lee Badger said...

Thanks for having me here today!

K.T. Bishop said...

You've been a busy girl these past few days!

Margaret West said...

A lot of publishers do print and ebook nowadays. I do hope yours go to print, they sound really good. I'm a writer who does not like to read digital books...shhh..don't tell a soul!! So I like mine to be in print and have been lucky to have that so far.

Nancy Lee Badger said...

I, too, enjoy the feel of a paperback book but my hubby bought me an e-reader. Its not so bad! He said I should have one since my books have started to be available from e-stores. Off to write....

Abigail-Madison Chase said...

Really nice interview....

Nancy Lee Badger said...

Glad you liked it. Visit my blog for more excerpts!