BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday 12 October 2010

Talking On A Tuesday

Today I'm talking to author Vanessa Johnson.

Vanessa Alexander Johnson is a native Louisianan. She retired from the St. Charles Parish Sheriff’s Office in 2007 after 30 years of service, where she spent the majority of her time supervising the 9-1-1 Communications Division. Since retirement, Johnson, when not spending time with her family, is doing what she loves best, writing and reading, in addition to being a substitute at Boutte Christian Academy when needed.

Johnson started writing after the close, untimely deaths of her mother and son in August and September, 1994. Her first book, dedicated to her loved ones is titled, When Death Comes a Knockin’ (Book Haven Publishing, March 2005, ISBN 1-4116-2470-X), a self-help, inspirational book about loss and grief.

She is also a freelance writer for the Times Picayune, where she writes the Thursday column for the Hahnville/Ama/Killona Town Talk.



Can you tell us about your latest release?

Yes, Sacrifices In The Name of Love is about interracial relations between two teens, Trey Martin and Tessa Phillips who get more than they bargain for when Tessa ends up pregnant, and out of fear of facing her self-professed racist father, she concocts a plan to conceal the baby’s paternity. Tessa is faced with making the most painful sacrifices she’s ever had to make. When she can no longer hide the truth about her baby’s paternity, she opts to leave town, thus leaving the baby and the love of her life behind. A few years later, she returns to find life has changed, but despite the obstacles, she’s determined to right her wrongs, but she must first face her demons and the demons of her parents.

Where do you take your inspiration from?

Life, people, places. Either can spark an idea for a story at any time.

Do you like to work with music playing in the background? And if so, do you listen to a specific type to evoke certain moods?

Sometimes. If I’m writing a love scene, love songs are very helpful. Classical music makes my creative juices flow when I need my story to move forward.

What was it that gave you the final push to submit your first story? And how did you feel when your work was accepted?

I imagined the book making it to the top bestsellers list and so I submitted in order to make reach that goal. I can’t do that if I don’t submit.

Can you describe to us a typical day in your life as an author?

I’m retired, so I don’t have a typical routine. I write when I feel inspired to write. I may write in the morning, or it may be late at night after the house is quiet and peaceful.


What is the best thing about being a writer?


I can let my imagination run wild and write about the things some of us have only dreamed about.

What does your work space look like? Neat as a new pin? Or area of mass destruction?

Right now, an area of mass destruction. I have so many books, I’m out of shelf space, so some are on the floor around my desk. I’ve kept every rejection letter I’ve received, and believe me there are many, and I keep them on my desk as inspiration and use that inspiration to persevere in spite of them.

Which, if any of your stories, has been the most emotionally difficult for you to write?

The only emotionally difficult thing for me to write thus far was my first nonfiction book that I self published. It was about my journey through grief after the loss of my mom and son a month apart in 1994. I’ve had fun writing all of my fiction work.

Most authors that I've spoken with have at least one finished or nearly finished project that they've held onto for a number of years. Do you have any such work?And if so, what has stopped you from submitting it?

No, I don’t. I have plans for having all of my work published.

Do you work on one project at a time? Or do you multi-task?

I multi-task especially if I’m not feeling a particular work. I try not to force my writing.

Which of your upcoming projects are you most excited about?

I’m most excited about, and to date I’d say it’s my favorite piece, and that is my next book that I’m doing the rewrites on. It’s titled, Tempted By Love, and it was inspired by small bits and pieces of my life, mingled with a lot of fiction.

When not writing, how do you relax?

Participate in online writing groups and on social sites. I love to read, baking and spending time with my family.

How do your friends and family feel about your work and do you let any of them read your stories?


My family thinks it’s great that I’m a writer, especially when my work if published and they have the finished product in their hands. I have let my husband read some of my work.

Has your life changed significantly since becoming a published writer? Not too much.

I write a column for my local paper, so I’m recognized more when I go out.

Where do you see yourself in three years time, as far as your writing is concerned?

I would love to be on somebody’s bestseller’s list. I see myself as continuing to write because I have more stories to tell.

If you weren't a writer, what else would you be doing?

I’m retired after spending 30 years on my job. If I weren’t writing, I can’t see my life being any different.

Which of your books would you love to see turned into a movie?

(Laughter) Hell, I’d love to see all of them turned into a movie. I do envision my characters on a screen as I’m writing scenes.

Here is an excerpt from Sacrifices In The Name Of Love.

When the only thing that separated us was our warm, quick, panting breaths of hot air, our eyes remained locked together. We stared deep into each other’s eyes. My entire insides burned with desire. Trey’s stare set my soul on fire, a fire that only he could squelch.

Bolts of electricity burst throughout my body from the nearness of him. I couldn’t contain my desire any longer. I leaned my face towards his, shut my eyes and opened my hot, trembling lips to invite in Trey’s equally hot quivering tongue. Our lips locked in a slow dance as we methodically sucked, twirled, and toyed and explored each other’s mouths.

I felt like I was floating on a cloud, and peacefully drifting towards the heavens. I’d soon learn what it truly felt like to be taken on a journey far beyond the heavens, farther than anything I could’ve ever imagined.

Trey guided me back towards the bed. We fell backwards on the bed without breaking the hold we had on each another. He meticulously planted kisses on me starting at my lips, before he slid his quivering tongue and traced a path down one side of my neck, before he headed down to the center of my breasts. He swept his wet hot tongue gently across my chest from nipple to nipple. He paused to nibble on each one and backtracked along the path to the center spot between my 38-C sized breasts.

Trey glided his tongue down to my navel, circled a path around it and let his hot tongue gently slither down to the brown hairy patch atop my waiting womanhood. The tip of his tongue toyed with my soft mane and traveled further down. He paused briefly at the opening of my vagina. He massaged the inside of my thighs with his lips and headed back to center stage.

My entire body shivered from his hot breath. I cupped both hands firmly over my mouth to smother my cries of pleasure. With the way Trey had taken me to such a level of pleasure with his tongue, I couldn’t imagine the heights he could take me with his rock-hard manhood. It was only a matter of time before I’d soon that find out. I was putty in Trey’s arms. I moaned and groaned lowly, my body eagerly responded to his every request.

Trey raised his body up from his knees to position himself on top of me, but before he could do so, I forced him onto his back and lowered myself between his legs. It was my time to work my magic on him.

My scorching hot breath blanketed his manhood. He gasped loudly and held his breath. His hard penis bounced up and down. I cupped my hand over his mouth to muffle his moans of ecstasy before I devoured it. With my lips, I held his erect shaft securely in my mouth while I retrieved a throw pillow from beside him. I covered his mouth with it. I surely didn’t want my parents to hear his cries and think something was wrong with me and run to my rescue. While something was definitely happening to me, there wasn’t a thing they could do to help me. Trey was the only one who could smother the flame that burned deep within me.

“Oh God. Please. Stop,” Trey hissed through clenched teeth. I didn’t think he actually wanted me to. Although the words flowed from his mouth, his hands locked me securely in place. Trey’s body trembled sporadically as my mouth did its magic on him.

Moments later we lay spent atop my bed. Trey said, “You know you’re the first girl to go down on me. I’ve seen it done on TV, but TV surely doesn’t do any justice at all in terms of just how enjoyable it really is. You can only fully appreciate it once you’ve experienced it, and I definitely appreciate it. I liked it. No, let me rephrase that, I loved it. This isn’t a onetime thing, is it?”

I felt warm inside as Trey spoke. I interpreted his remarks as an acknowledgement that I’d completed my mission to please him. “I aim to please,” I whispered before I climbed back on top of him for round two of our journey to Pleasure Galaxy. I teased his manhood. I slid my slippery, wet tongue around the tip a few times, then glided my tongue slowly up the entire length of his growing hard shaft, and toyed with his testicles with my puckered lips.

“Trey’s manhood throbbed between my moist fingers. I leaned back and stared at the marvelous muscle in my hand, a delicate piece of art, I deduced. I longed to give it the attention I felt it deserved; another thorough workout with my tongue. I felt like a kid who’d been left to guard the candy story. Trey’s penis was my oversized lollipop.

I methodically explored every inch of my new candy, slid. I slid my tongue slowly, gently down its massive length, around his testicles before I headed back to the tip. I savored the warm juices that seeped out. I wrapped my fingers around his shaft and firmly massaged it, gently at first. My hand moved faster and faster. Trey’s moans erupted from the pit of his stomach, through his chest to his lips. I again used the throw pillow to drown out the sounds.

With his manhood still entrenched in one hand, I eased myself on top of him in enough time to squelch the sounds and covered his mouth with mine. Small cries of pleasure still managed to escape, but I quieted them down to a slight whimper.

My mouth begged to be on Trey’s manhood again. Trey held the throw pillow against his mouth and held on to it as if his life depended on it. Maybe he sensed I would swallow him whole if I could. I certainly tried to take in as much of his manhood as I could in my mouth. He was so massive, yet delicious and enticing. I delighted in tasting the fruits of my labor. Trey’s sweet, sticky hot juice poured out of him like a volcano erupting its hot lava. His lava flowed into my open mouth.”

Can you let the readers know where to find you on the web?

My website is www.vanessajohnson.com

0 comments: