BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday 14 April 2010

Thursday Thirteen


In light of the recent unseen photos of the late Marilyn Monroe,that have been put up for sale, I thought I'd dedicate this week's Thursday Thirteen to her. Here are 13 quotes from the lady herself.

1."I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."

2."I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when their right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust noone but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together."

3. "Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."

4."A wise girl kisses but doesn't love, listens but doesn't believe, and leaves before she is left."

5."If you can make a girl laugh, you can make her do anything."

6."I am good, but not an angel. I do sin, but I am not the devil. I am just a small girl in a big world trying to find someone to love."

7."If you're gonna be two-faced at least make one of them pretty."

8."Give a girl the right shoes, and she can conquer the world."

9."The real lover is the man who can thrill you by kissing your forehead or smiling into your eyes or just staring into space."

10."It's not true that I had nothing on. I had the radio on."

11."Women who seek to be equal with men lack ambition."

12."I've been on a calendar, but never on time."

13."What do I wear in bed? Why, Chanel No. 5, of course"

12 comments:

Janice Seagraves said...

Oh, what fun Marlyn quotes. I haven't seen one of her movies in so long.

Great list.

Happy TT.
Janice~

Hootin Anni said...

I pitied the woman a lot being associated with the Kennedy family...but the love the two had [Joe DiMaggio and her]...he really loved the woman, I believe.

My 13 is posted, I do hope you can stop by sometime if you have time today. It's 13 catch phrases I really like. Have a glorious Thursday!!

jillconyers said...

Her approach to life...the quotes say it all.

Ms Menozzi said...

Number Nine is my favorite. That's the hubby, right there... sigh...

Happy TT!

Ciao!

Unknown said...

OMG I love #3 Consider it snagged. She really was an insightful woman. Brains and Beauty.

I am Harriet said...

That Chanel quote can never be overdone :)

Have a great Thursday!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/04/47-percent-americans-pay-federal-income-tax/

Darla M Sands said...

What a cool idea for TT!

Inez Kelley said...

I love marilyn, She was more than the set of boobs Hollywood made her.

Alice Audrey said...

These are great! Love the "radio on" one, but swiped #1 for my welcome page.

Mary Quast said...

I never realized she was so witty. Amazing lady!

Tatiana Caldwell said...

What a fascinating woman - I had no idea her mind worked like this. Very cool list.

Nicholas said...

I used to believe #5. Sadly, it isn't always true.